Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Year of Attorneys

It's been an intense beginning to the New Year. Travel, productions, horribly cold locations, some of the best food I've ever eaten, and of course shooting.

The year started with a contract to photograph 12 attorneys in 12 different cities over the course of 12 months. The portraits that I'm shooting will highlight an attorney per month selected by LexisNexis for a BLOG created to honor attorneys in the US who do great work.

So far I've photographed three attorneys. One in Wilmington, NC, one in frigid Rochester, NY, and one in Botson, MA. The story goes like this: an attorney is chosen by LexisNexis by the 5th of every month. I'm notified and I have until the 15th to deliver an image. From notification until shoot, my producer and I do Google scouts, interviews with the attorney, phone meeting with the art director, and booking of assistant and stylist. Once we have a few concepts and location ideas, we book travel and head to the shoot a day early for live scouting and final location selection.

We've been fortunate to find some great locations. For the most recent shoot, in Boston, we had the pleasure of shooting in the Boston Public Library. This was such a gift. We nailed the location about 12 hours before the shoot time. Much thanks to our new-found friends at the Boston Public Library.

These are a few of my picks from the shoots. Hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment