Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweet Summer Memories

This past week looking out the studio windows there was an insane amount of ice and snow.  Blinding and cold.  Summer was far from thought.  Well, until a client was kind enough to send me a printed piece from images I shot back in August.

My team and I spent 4 days documenting owners of Bennington Boats for use in their 2011 brochure.  Bennington makes a high end edition of what's best known as a pontoon boat.  These vessels are far from your typical pontoon boat, they are just the opposite. Bennington uses the finest aquatic materials and technology to build a pleasure boat like no other. These boats are fast and comfortable. An industry leader. 

As I looked through the brochure, thoughts of winter quickly subsided and the warmth of the summer sun and summer wind filled my head and heart.  Memories of long days riding around Lake Norman on floating party decks took over and all of a sudden I heard in the distance Jimmy Buffett and a blender.  Thank goodness for this short reprieve from my least favorite season.

Take a look at a few images from the series and take a journey with me back to summer and back to the warmth of a days past.  Let's all go to a place where the only ice is the ice in frozen concoctions.  Enjoy and stay warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment