Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Branding and a Look Back

It's been a long time since I've had a look at this BLOG.  Like most people I wonder, who in the world looks at this and who in the world reads it.  That's a valid thought but it's not a valid concern.  As soon as we begin to do things just for others we loose the true path.

Writing in this BLOG has always been one of my favorite things to do.  First of all, I enjoy the written word.  Secondly, I enjoy sharing.  I remember when I left 1st grade and went into 2nd my biggest disappointment was that there was no longer show and tell.

It's a great way for us to become better human beings.  Allowing others to see a bit of ourselves helps us all realize that we're not all that different after all.

About a year ago I began the process of rebranding.  It's been a long process but one that has reenergized me and renewed my desire to continue this journey in photography.  At the request of my designer/consultant I went way back into the files in search of why I shoot.  Why did I choose photography?

What I found was photography chose me.  It's all I've ever wanted to do.  It's my way to express myself.  It's my way to speak.  It's not my job, it's my life.  I'll be honest, there are sides of this career that can burn you out and break you.  That's the career side and it's important to remember, a career is only that, a career.  To be a photographer is much more than a career and in that realization there is true joy.

So, I'll continue making photographs and studying light.  Hopefully I'll continue to make a living at it, my kids are counting on me.  But in all the joy and in all the strife that photography is I will never turn my back.

All my best,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment