Friday, April 16, 2010

AIGA 20X20

How does design affect me on a daily basis? What do I see as items of design? What are the things in my life that create a vision for my work, and how do I let that permeate my world?

These are all questions that I asked myself while developing a slide show for a recent AIGA event. Along with several other presenters from our local design and advertising community, I was invited to present a series of images related to design that speak to me. My presentation would consist of 20 slides that would remain on the screen for 20 seconds. What a great idea. I have to admit, though, that it was an idea that at first terrified me.

When it comes to public speaking, so many people have the same thought: NO WAY. It’s an understandable response. I admit it was my first reaction. But after deeper consideration and a little prompting from the event organizer, I was IN! Thankfully so.

As I thought about my presentation it came to me that I’m touched by design from the first moment that I wake. From the alarm clock beside my bed to the chair that I finally fall into at the end of the day, each item in my series demonstrates design in my life. Below are my 20 slides. It’s a grouping of images that somehow spells out my daily interactions with design. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment